An organisation will need to participate in the SECR scheme if it meets 2 of the following criteria post April 2019.
- Turnover of £36 million or more.
- Balance sheet of £18 million or more.
- 250 employees or more.
Unlike under ESOS, UK subsidiaries can be included voluntarily. However, if on their own they don’t meet the compliance criteria then these can be excluded.
How Encope Can Help?
Encope can help your organisation with filling a compliant Directors Report or Energy and Carbon Report (for LLPs) after your organisations first full financial year post April 2019. The report will include the following elements:
- UK annual energy use across electricity, natural gas and transport.
- Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emission associated with the annual energy use.
- An intensity metric.
- Previous year’s figures for comparison (not applicable in the first reporting year).
- The methodology used to report the GHG emissions. This will be a recognised standard (e.g. ISO, CDP etc.)
- The energy efficiency actions taken in the reporting period.
Encope can help your organisation with filling a compliant Directors Report or Energy and Carbon Report
Why Choose Encope?
Encope have significant prior experience with ensuring timely regulatory compliance for their clients. These includes ESOS and Climate Change Agreements (CCAs). As such, Encope will ensure that Directors/ Energy and Carbon Reports meet the minimum reporting criteria. Negating any potential late/ incorrect filing penalties, which could be up to £1,500.